Pointing Dog Blog
Filtering by Tag: Field Trials
1. There is a great big sky over Broomhill.
2. And a lot of big trucks.
And big trailers.
And cool license plates.
3. You meet a lot of nice people at Broomhill.
People who love horses.
And wide open spaces.
And each other.
People who really love their dogs.
And dogs who love their people.
4. The dogs only have two speeds: ZOOOM...
5. The dogs greet you in different ways.
Some are super happy to see you.
Some aren't quite sure.
Some dogs couldn't care less.
Some think that you are bringing them a nice meaty soup-bone.
And all the young dogs give you the 'take me home' look.
6. All the dogs have awesome dog names.
And they travel with horses in trailers.
7. Trial folk spend a lot of time in the saddle
And they love every minute of it.
8. Trial judges judge on horseback.
Handlers handle on horseback.
And everyone else follows along to watch...on horseback.
9. Each dog waits for its turn to run.
So they relax in a cool dog-wagon.
10. And when it comes time to run..
And run... for an hour or more.
11. When they're done, they head back in.
To chill out in the dog-wagon while the others get their turn to run.
12. When everyone's done, it's back to camp.
Near the Broomhill Hilton.
Where all the nice people sit and visit under sage advice written on the wall.
And the dogs go back to day-dreaming...
about running again, under the great big Broomhill sky.
To view a slideshow of these images and more from the Broomhill trial, click here.